SWINDON AERATED WATER CO, COLLEGE STREET, SWINDON
1879 - 1888
The Swindon Aerated Water Company was first known of in 1880 and operated in College Street, Swindon with Mr James Moncrieff listed as the company Secretary.
The company was also a coal merchants but by 1888 they were no longer listed as trading as either.
The information above is taken from 'A history of Swindon & District Mineral Water Manufacturers' by Peter Sheldon
When the SMITH & POPE Ginger Beer business failed in 1879 BARKER created a cooperative of the local
licensed Victuallers, purchased the old SMITH & POPE factory and produced
Mineral Water under the name of The Swindon Aerated Water Company for the next nine years.
Closure in 1888